AUGUSTA — A man will spend 150 days in jail for driving drunk while his 4-year-old son rode in the passenger seat.
Tony A. Leland, 46, of Biddeford, pleaded guilty last week in Kennebec County Superior Court to operating under the influence and endangering the welfare of a child.
The offenses occurred Nov. 2, when Leland was stopped by a Kennebec County Sheriff’s deputy in Sidney after a report about a car moving erratically.
The officer found a bottle of alcohol between the two front seats, according to a police affidavit filed with the court.
Kennebec County Sheriff Randall Liberty said at the time that Leland’s blood-alcohol content registered at 0.26, more than three times the 0.08 legal limit for adult drivers in Maine.
Leland was sentenced to a suspended 364-day sentence for the OUI offense and ordered to serve 150 days on the child endangerment conviction. He also was placed on administrative release for one year and fined $500. His license was suspended for 90 days.
Several other people were sentenced recently in Kennebec County Superior Court:
* Rose-Marie Buckmore, 21, of Portland and formerly of Gardiner, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer between March 21 and April 21, in Litchfield; 364-day jail sentence, all but seven days suspended (credit for seven days served), one year probation, $2,066 restitution.
* Caroline L. Blais Corbett, 44, of Augusta, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer June 28, in Augusta; 24-hour jail sentence.
* Shawn C. Crogan, 34, of Vienna, unlawful possession of marijuana Oct. 16, in Vienna; $1,000 fine.
* Johnathan A. French, 32, of South China, unlawful possession of marijuana and criminal forfeiture, Oct. 19, in China; $1,000 fine and $1,000 forfeited to Kennebec County.
* Catherine Greenleaf, 24, of Augusta, aggravated criminal trespass June 19, in Augusta; three-year jail sentence, all suspended, two years of probation.
* Dustyn R. Michaud, 20, of Pittston, unlawful possession of Oxycodone Oct. 9, in Pittston, $1,000 fine.
* Richard L. Poulin, 37, of Fairfield, aggravated operating after habitual-offender revocation and operating under the influence, both Dec. 3, in Vassalboro; one-year jail sentence, $1,700 fine, three-year license and registration suspension.
* Kristopher Russ, 29, of Brunswick, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer March 24, in Augusta; six-month jail sentence concurrent with another sentence.
* John Carroll Williams Jr., 44, of Lewiston and formerly of Vassalboro, five counts of assault and one count of disorderly conduct all Dec. 31, 2010, in Augusta; five-year jail sentence, all but five months suspended, two years of probation, $1,500 in fines and up to $2,500 restitution.