BANGOR — A Massachusetts man detained in the killing of three people whose bodies were found in a burning car in Bangor is fighting extradition.

Thirty-one-year-old Nicholas Sexton of Warwick, R.I., was arrested by a tactical team early Thursday in Brockton, Mass. His lawyer indicated he’ll fight extradition, delaying his return to Maine.

In Maine, 34-year-old Randall “Ricky” Daluz entered pleas of not guilty on Thursday.

Assistant Attorney General Lisa Marchese indicated during the brief hearing for Daluz in Penobscot County Superior that the state will seek to try both cases together.

Court documents in Massachusetts indicated Daluz blamed the killings on Sexton, who was arrested by a tactical team at about 4 a.m. He was due in court Thursday on a fugitive-from-justice charge.

Both men were indicted last week in Penobscot County in the deaths of three Maine residents whose bodies were found inside a burning car with Rhode Island plates in a parking lot early on Aug. 13. Maine authorities said the victims were shot before the car was torched.

Sexton was scheduled to be arraigned later Thursday in Brockton District Court on a fugitive from justice charge.

Sexton’s arrest came less than 48 hours after the only other suspect in the drug-related killings gave himself up to police in New Bedford, Mass.

In a court appearance in Bangor Thursday morning, Randall “Ricky” Daluz, 34, pleaded not guilty to three counts of murder and arson.

Sexton faces the same charges when he is extradited to Maine.

Three bodies were found inside a burning car with Rhode Island plates in a Bangor parking lot early on Aug. 13. Maine authorities have said the victims were shot before the car was burned.

The victims were identified as Daniel Thomas Borders, 26, of Hermon; Nicolle Ashley Lugdon, 24, of Eddington; and Lucas Alan Tuscano, 28, of Bradford.

Sexton was tracked with the help Rhode Island State Police, the FBI and U.S. Marshals.

Authorities received a tip that led to the address of a Brockton woman where Sexton may have been staying, according to a statement from Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio.

Police were granted a “no knock” search warrant that was executed at 4 a.m. and Sexton was arrested in the residence.