SOLON — Officials said a fire that destroyed an unoccupied seasonal cabin was likely caused by faulty heat tape wrapped around pipes.

The fire has been ruled accidental, said Sgt. Ken Grimes of the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

The Ironbound Pond Road cabin was destroyed by the time firefighters arrived at the scene on Nov. 9.

The fire at the isolated cabin was reported by a neighbor at 4:21 p.m. Fire crews from Solon and Athens were at the scene by 4:45 p.m. and were there for about two and a half hours.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire, and members of a Massachusetts family that owned the cabin, hadn’t visited there in over a month.