FARMINGTON — A one-story house on New Vineyard Road was damaged in a fire that originated around a wood stove Saturday, according to a fire official.

The basement of the home at 964 New Vineyard Road was badly damaged, but the structure should be salvageable, said Farmington Fire Chief Terry Bell.

The house belongs to Cory J. Bellefeuille, of Lewiston, according to property tax records. Bell said he wasn’t sure if the people that live there, a young woman and two children, are the owners.

The fire was reported at 6:18 a.m. by an ambulance attendant who saw smoke coming out of the house as he was driving by, said Bell. There were no injuries reported.

Firefighters from New Vineyard, Strong and Temple also responded.