FARMINGTON — The emergency department at Franklin Memorial Hospital was briefly evacuated Friday morning because of a small fire that was quickly extinguished, officials said.

The fire, caused by a malfunctioning coil motor in the duct work, was quickly contained and extinguished by staff before the Farmington Fire Department arrived, according to a press release from the hospital. No one was injured during the fire or evacuation.

The emergency department temporarily provided services in the adjacent outpatient department and was the only department evacuated, the press release states. Some smoke was initially spread outside of the emergency department, but was quickly dispersed and crews had cleared the scene shortly after 9 a.m.