WILTON — A man wanted by police was arrested Tuesday morning after officers rushed a woman and her children to safety because the man was spotted outside their home, police said.

Timothy Greenlaw, 40, of Wilton, was arrested on a warrant in connection with charges of violating bail conditions and violating a protection order. He was taken to the Franklin County Detention Center in Farmington, where he is being held without bail.

The bail conditions and protection order stemmed from his arrest July 31 when Greenlaw was stunned into submission with a Taser deployed by a deputy. Officers had responded to a domestic dispute involving the same woman, his wife, according to Richard H. Billian Jr., Wilton’s interim police chief.

Police received a call Tuesday about 8 a.m. warning them Greenlaw, who was wanted for a prior violation of the court orders, was in front of the home, Billian said.

An officer arrived and found Greenlaw’s truck parked outside the house, where his wife lives with her four daughters, and a witness said Greenlaw had been walking around the home before he left on foot, Billian said.

The woman and children were rushed to a safe location by police, and other law enforcement agencies arrived to search for Greenlaw, Billian said. He didn’t know if all the children were home during the incident. Jay police and Franklin County sheriff’s officers assisted at the scene.

A police dog lost the trail near the Canal Street Bridge, but police got another call two hours later that Greenlaw was spotted walking in Farmington. He was arrested by a Franklin County sheriff’s deputy in the western part of town, according to Billian.

Billian said a warrant had been issued for Greenlaw after he contacted his wife on Monday. His wife had a protection from abuse order granted by the court after the domestic dispute on July 31, Billian said.

Greenlaw was arrested that day on charges of refusing to submit to arrest and domestic criminal mischief. A sheriff’s deputy deployed the Taser stun gun after Greenlaw refused to obey police commands, according to Billian. His next court date had not been set as of Tuesday at 4 p.m., according to Billian.

Greenlaw was released from the detention center July 31 on a $3,000 unsecured bond and he was scheduled to appear in court Aug. 18, according to jail records.

Police had seized a handgun from his Wilton home as a precaution, and because bail conditions prohibited him from possessing a firearm, Billian said Tuesday.

David Robinson — 861-9287

[email protected]

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.