We would like to thank the Good Samaritan who, while driving by our motel (Axell’s Scandinavian Inn, Manchester) on Thanksgiving night, noticed flames shooting up the wall in front of a guest room. Not only did she call 911, but she also ran to the manager’s apartment and pounded on the door to get everyone out of the building.

The fire chief said if the fire had gone undetected five more minutes, it could have been catastrophic. This Good Samaritan might not know it, but she saved our customers and our building with her quick action.

We would also like to thank the Manchester firefighters for their quick response. I hope she and our firefighters have a very Merry Christmas and remember many people are indebted to them. We hope we can pay it forward in the new year.

Sheila Axell


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.