BANGOR — Police working the early shift today at the Bangor Police Department got quite a surprise.

Officers reported hearing a loud explosion from the boiler room at about 6:40 a.m. and seeing a plume of smoke coming from a roof vent.

The building was evacuated and the fire department was called.

The fire department accessed the boiler room and within a minute deemed the building safe to re-enter.

There was no damage to the boiler room. It appears there was some sort of malfunction with the boiler when it turned on. It will be inspected.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.