FARMINGTON — Roger A. Bailey Jr., 26, recently appeared in Franklin County Superior Court to address confusion about charges filed in connection with a theft of automotive parts in Temple last year.

At the brief hearing last week, prosecutors said they will summon him again on a theft charge stemming from his alleged role in the crime, which involved several men, a court clerk said Wednesday.

An initial summons on the charge had clerical errors that confused Bailey with his father, who was not involved in the crime, the clerk said. That initial charge was dismissed last week to allow the new summons to be filed.

Franklin County District Attorney’s Office prosecutors handling the case did not return a call Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the younger Bailey no longer is pursuing a lawsuit claiming he was arrested wrongfully and assaulted by a Wilton police officer stemming from an unrelated incident, according to a federal court in Bangor.

Shortly before Bailey had been accused of taking part in the Temple theft, he filed the lawsuit against Wilton and a town police officer involved in his arrest in December 2010.

The lawsuit was dismissed Nov. 29 and the deadline to file an appeal has passed since then, according to a clerk at the U.S. District Court in Bangor.

Bailey, of 20 Pleasant St., Jay, had been suing for damages claiming he was wrongfully arrested after a disagreement with a police officer, according to the lawsuit. Attorneys for both parties agreed to dismiss the lawsuit without any monetary compensation, the federal court clerk said Wednesday.

Christopher Berryment, the attorney who represented Bailey in the lawsuit, said Wednesday that he would not comment on the case. In previous interviews, Berryment said the lawsuit was filed after the town and its insurance company denied an earlier legal claim seeking damages.

In the Temple theft, the owner of the Cummings Hill Road property installed a hidden hunting camera that recorded the burglary, which resulted in Bailey and five other men being accused of the crime, sheriff’s deputies reported.

Bailey has been out of jail on a $3,000 unsecured bond tied to the charge of theft by unlawful taking or transfer, according to the clerk at Franklin County Superior Court in Farmington.

Bailey also pleaded not guilty in Franklin County Superior Court on Jan. 20 to multiple charges stemming from another unrelated matter, court records show. His next court date is March 5, when he is expected to answer those charges — receiving stolen property, falsifying physical evidence, unsworn falsification and criminal mischief.

David Robinson — 861-9287

[email protected]

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.