CAPE ELIZABETH — A Saco man was injured Wednesday morning when he poured gasoline on a brush fire outside a home off of Valley Road.

Jay Moores, 42, suffered first- and second-degree burns and was taken to Maine Medical Center, according to the state Fire Marshal’s Office.

Moores was burning a brush pile for a friend when he emptied the contents of an old automobile’s gas tank on the fire, according to the fire marshall’s office.

Police Chief Neil Williams said the homeowners had a permit for the fire. The home is on Harvest Road, a private road off of Valley Road.

 

 


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.