WINTHROP — A kitchen fire caused minor damage to a Tappan Farm Road home today.

Fire Chief Dan Brooks said the fire started on a stove then spread to the floor, where it briefly caught the flooring on fire. He said the fire was quickly extinguished.

Brooks said an initial report did not indicate whether or not the residents could continue to occupy the home.

The fire was reported around 6:15 a.m. Firefighters from Monmouth also responded.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.