The Associated Press

LIVERMORE FALLS — Two people have been hospitalized and a dog has died in a house fire at a Livermore Falls home.

Fire Chief Tim Hardy says the injuries are not considered life-threatening. Their names were not immediately made public, but he says they were relatives of the home’s owner.

The mobile home blaze was reported at about 3 p.m. Monday. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find the home fully engulfed.

Hardy tells the Sun Journal the fire started on the stove, but investigators are not certain if it was a cooking fire or started by something left inadvertently on the stove.

A state fire investigator plans to talk to the couple to get more information.

About 30 firefighters from Livermore Falls, Jay, Livermore and Wilton responded.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.