BAR HARBOR — The Maine Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating a fire in Bar Harbor that started in an apartment above a restaurant and displaced 12 families.

WMTW-TV reports the fire started at the apartment above the Portside Grill just after 6 p.m. Tuesday. Several buildings were evacuated and power was cut to the area.

Firefighters said there was some smoke and water damage to two adjacent buildings. They said some occupants relocated to some motels and inns. No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire wasn’t immediately known.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.