fundraiser a success

OAKLAND—Granite Leisure Time of Oakland raised more than $2,400 to benefit Komen Maine, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure statewide Affiliate, through its King of the Dirt event recently.

Komen Maine’s purpose is to combat breast cancer through raising funds for breast health education, screening, treatment programs, and state and national research. More than 75 percent of the nonprofit’s net funds remain in Maine to support these programs, and the remaining 25 percent is invested in evidence-based breast cancer research.

Komen Maine is gearing up for their signature fundraising events, Komen Race for the Cure, on Sept. 14 in Portland and Sept. 21 in Bangor.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.