DANVILLE, N.H. — A New Hampshire family says their lives may have been spared by their decision to go out for dinner 10 minutes before an explosion rocked their house.

A fire department chief believes a propane gas leak caused an explosion at the 300-year-old home in Danville.

The explosion happened at about 7:15 p.m. Monday.

WMUR-TV reports the Fosters, who had just restored the home, had left for dinner shortly before the explosion.

No one was hurt and there was no fire.

Danville Fire Department Chief Steve Woitkun said the second floor is collapsing.

The state Fire Marshal’s Office has been called to investigate.

Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.