Firefighters swiftly extinguished a fire reported just before 1 p.m. Saturday in a garage attached to a house at 429 Sturtevant Hill Road in Readfield.

Readfield Fire Chief Lee Mank said there were no injuries in the fire, which brought aid from Lakes Region Mutual Aid companies, including Fayette, Manchester, Mount Vernon, Wayne and Vienna, as well as Winthrop Ambulance.

Mank said the fire, which was started by an electrical cord, was reported by the homeowner.

Readfield firefighters were at the scene for about an hour.

Mank said the blaze burned debris but did not damage the garage.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.