CONCORD, N.H. — A New Hampshire prep school says it wants the identity of a student who says she was raped during a game of sexual conquest to be made public if a federal lawsuit against the school goes to trial.

Former St. Paul’s School student Owen Labrie was convicted last year of misdemeanor sex assault charges and a felony charge of using a computer to lure the student in 2014. The girl was then 15. Labrie was 18.

The girl’s parents sued in June, saying the school failed to protect children in its care.

The school says its right to a fair trial could be jeopardized if it can’t identify the girl in a pretrial investigation.

The Concord Monitor reports victims’ rights advocates fear that the request, if granted, could discourage other victims from coming forward.

Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.