BANGOR — Fire officials in Bangor say they rescued a homeless man Wednesday from a burning abandoned apartment building.

Officials told WCSH that they found a disoriented man on the second floor of the building on Essex Street. He was taken to the St. Joseph Hospital. His condition is unknown.

Fire officials say they found two small fires in front of fireplaces in the building. There was no major damage to the building.

The building was condemned by the city earlier this year, according to the Associated Press.

Comments are not available on this story.

Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.