PORTLAND PRESS HERALD DARKROOM
Berwick then and now

/

Helpful tips...

esc button

Use the LEFT / RIGHT keys to navigate the Darkroom

esc button

Use the UP key to show captions

esc button

Use the DOWN key to hide captions

esc button

Use the ESC key to close Darkroom

Find other amazing Darkroom photos below

  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Staff photo by Derek Davis | of | Share this photo

    The former Prime Tanning which has been shuttered since 2008.

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Photo courtesy of Jessie Taylor, Berwick - Images of America | of | Share this photo

    This photograph, dated 1936, was taken outside of Prime Tanning. In the front row furthest to the left is Babe Plante. The man with his thumbs in his arms pits (second to last in the top row) is Lenard Kaplan. Lenard was the son of Morris Kaplan who founded the company in 1914.

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Staff photo by Derek Davis | of | Share this photo

    James Bellissimo, Community Development and Planning Technician for the town, also serves as chair of Envision Berwick.

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Staff photo by Derek Davis | of | Share this photo

    A view of downtown Berwick from the bridge over the Salmon Falls River.

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Photo courtesy of Jessie Taylor, Berwick - Images of America | of | Share this photo

    Vic’s Market and an unknown store in Berwick near the bridge to New Hampshire, probably in the 1930s.

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Staff photo by Derek Davis | of | Share this photo

    Downtown Berwick

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Photo courtesy of Jessie Taylor, Berwick - Images of America | of | Share this photo

    Berwick locals visiting with the mechanics of the School Street Automobile Garage in the early part of the twentieth century. The garage fixed both automobiles and boats.

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Staff photo by Derek Davis | of | Share this photo

    The small downtown of Berwick on Sullivan Street, leading to the bridge to Somersworth, N.H.

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Photo courtesy of Jessie Taylor, Berwick - Images of America | of | Share this photo

    Oxen carrying firewood pause in front of A. H.Winn wholesale confectioners, which was one of the many businesses that were run out of the Brackett House. The Brackett house, once located in Sullivan Street where town hall is now located, was demolished in 1938 to accommodate the building of the new town hall.

    Show
  • Hide
    Berwick then and now - Staff photo by Derek Davis | of | Share this photo

    Berwick town hall.

    Show