A smoke detector hangs from the ceiling in the living room of an apartment at 158 Brackett St. in Westbrook on Friday. Charles Needham, a firefighter, lived there with his family until Thursday afternoon, when they were notified that code enforcement officials had deemed the building unfit to live in, mainly because of electrical problems.
Gabe Souza/Staff Photographer

Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.