AUGUSTA — Two Gardiner men were indicted Thursday by a grand jury in Kennebec County Superior Court on charges they robbed a 79-year-old man at knife point after awakening him in his Randolph home.
Tyler J. Perry, 29, and Jason A. Pratt, 35, face two counts each of robbery and theft by unauthorized taking and one count of burglary.
A third man, Kenneth Joseph Maker II, 26, of Readfield, was indicted on the same charges by a grand jury in January and pleaded not guilty on Jan. 29. At that time he was being held in lieu of $10,000 bail.
An indictment is not a determination of guilt, but it indicates that there is enough evidence to proceed with formal charges and a trial.
The three are accused of breaking into an Elm Street home around 11:15 p.m. on Sept. 22, 2012, and ordering the homeowner to open his safe, according to an affidavit filed by Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office Detective David Bucknam.
When the homeowner refused, he was punched in the face and told that people would kill the homeowner’s son, who lived next door, if the homeowner did not cooperate.
The robbers got $10,000 to $11,000 from the safe, according to police. Investigators said they believe the victim was selected at random.
A number of other people were indicted by the grand jury in separate cases:
* Tricia L. Barry, 39, of Augusta, theft by unauthorized taking and aggravated forgery Feb. 1 in Augusta.
* Zachary James Curtis, 23, of Clinton, assault, terrorizing and criminal mischief, all Dec. 17, 2012, in Clinton.
* Toby J. Davis, 35, of Montville, unlawful possession of oxycodone Oct. 1, 2012, in Belgrade.
* David L. Dixon, 45, of Gardiner, domestic-violence terrorizing and domestic-violence assault Feb. 10 in Gardiner.
* Joshua Dean Elliott, 32, of Winslow, two counts of receiving stolen property, four counts of misuse of identification and two counts of violating conditions of release Jan. 13 and 14 in Winslow. He was indicted in January on one count of receiving stolen property, Aug. 18, in Waterville.
* Donald E. Farrington, 50, of East Machias, unlawful possession of hydrocodone Sept. 26, 2012, in Monmouth.
* Lewis A. Hamilton, 26, of South China, unlawful possession of heroin Jan. 19 in Augusta and possession or distribution of dangerous knives Jan. 19 in Winthrop.
* Megan Hinkel, 31, of Benton, unlawful possession of heroin Sept. 27, 2012, in Belgrade and unlawful possession of cocaine and unlawful possession of Soma, both Dec. 11, 2012, in Augusta.
* Joshua S. Hood, 31, of Sidney, receiving stolen property Feb. 12 in Mount Vernon.
* Dustin H. Killen, 19, of Augusta, eluding an officer, criminal speed and driving to endanger June 16, 2012, in Monmouth.
* Brent C. Leclair, 38, of Mount Vernon, unlawful possession of more than a pound of marijuana and cultivation of more than five marijuana plants Oct. 3, 2012, in Readfield.
* Frederick M. Littlefield, 36, of Malden, Mass., unlawful possession of heroin July 26, 2012, in Augusta.
* Jill M. Longstaff, 36, of Winslow, five counts of unlawful trafficking in scheduled drugs and criminal forfeiture of $100 Sept. 28-29, 2012, in Waterville.
* Robert E. Moreau, 37, of Augusta, burglary, theft of copper piping and aggravated criminal mischief between April 6 and May 10, 2011; a separate indictment charges him with burglary and theft by unauthorized taking of tools and fishing equipment Feb. 22 in Augusta.
* Ryan Scott Owens, 33, of Waterville, unlawful trafficking in oxycodone May 18, 2012, and unlawful trafficking in cocaine May 23, 2012, both in Waterville.
* Roland John Peters, 56, of South China, domestic-violence assault Feb. 9 in Winslow.
* Eric Prosper, 23, of Clinton, unlawful furnishing of oxycodone and/or hydrocodone, and two counts of unlawful possession of scheduled drugs Dec. 2, 2012, in Waterville.
* Donald R. Reid, 50, of Augusta, unlawful trafficking in more than 1 pound of marijuana, marijuana cultivation of more than 100 plants and two counts of unlawful possession of drugs, Suboxone and Cyclobenzaprine, all Jan. 28 in Augusta.
* Nicholas Rolling, 20, of WInthrop, two counts each of kidnapping and criminal threatening and one count of assault, all on Jan. 31 in Winthrop. Police said Rolling threatened his roommates with a machete in a dispute about money.
* Steven F. Shaw Jr., 26, of Waterville, burglary and two counts of theft by unauthorized taking, all at Bob’s Country Market, Aug. 27, 2012, in Benton.
* Damian C. Sullivan, 24, of Randolph, burglary, theft by unauthorized taking and criminal mischief at Chelsea Market and second charge of theft of a phone, all Feb. 17 in Chelsea.
* Amber Rose Swift, 28, of Belgrade Lakes, aggravated trafficking in 6 grams or more of heroin Dec. 14, 2012, in Belgrade. A separate indictment alleges unlawful possession of heroin and violation of conditions of release Jan. 17.
* Connie Wheeler, 40, of Pittston, theft by deception April 1, 2007, through May 31, 2010, of more than $10,000 in benefits from the state’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program by creating an impression that her husband was not earning income.