Two fatal Franklin County shootings in the past few months are not related but are “remarkably similar” in terms of the lack of information available, a state police spokesman said Wednesday.

Nearly two weeks after one man was killed and two others injured in an apparent home invasion in Rangeley, no arrests have been made and police continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the July 28 confrontation, which they say may have been drug-related.

Even less information is available about a June 1 fatal shooting nearly two months earlier in Wilton. On Wednesday, Maine Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland said the lack of information on both is “remarkably similar.”

Michael Bokun, 29, of Manhattan, New York, died from a gunshot wound to the chest as a result of the July 28 confrontation at 2564 Main St. in Rangeley.

Hector Munoz, 48, also of New York City, was treated for a head injury at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, released, then arrested on an unrelated probation violation. McCausland said Wednesday that Munoz remains in custody and that he had no further information on what the probation violation was related to.

“I have no new information on this other than that we continue to investigate and there are no new developments,” McCausland said.

A third man who lived at the Main Street home, but whom police have not publicly identified, also was treated at Central Maine Medical Center for injuries July 28. McCausland said Wednesday he had no information about whether the man had been released from the hospital.

The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office found the two injured men “at the residence or in the general neighborhood” after getting an emergency call about 1:30 a.m. July 28, according to police. They have not said how many people they think were involved.

McCausland said Wednesday that he was not sure whether charges will be brought.

Information on whether Bokun or Munoz have criminal records in New York was not immediately available from the New York Police Department.

In the June 1 fatal shooting in Wilton, Michael Reis, 24, of New Sharon, was shot and killed around 1 a.m. in the driveway of a mobile home on Weld Road.

“Beyond what we have stated in the days after the death, there has been no new information, nor is there any today,” McCausland said Wednesday.

Police identified the shooter later that day, but McCausland said that no charges have since been brought in the case and the shooter’s name hasn’t been made public.

McCausland said the case is still under investigation and that there is no new information about the circumstances of the shooting, which in the days after the incident remained unclear.

Around 12:45 a.m. June 1, police received a 911 call from the mobile home at 259 Weld Road from someone who said there had been a shooting. When police arrived, a friend already had taken Reis from the scene to Franklin Memorial Hospital in Farmington, where he was pronounced dead.

Police said there were several people at the residence when the shooting occurred, all of whom were cooperative with investigators.

An autopsy has since been completed in the case, but a call to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner was not returned immediately Wednesday morning.

The mobile home in the neighborhood on the outskirts of Wilton is owned by Alan Magrath, according to town records. It was not clear whether Magrath lived at the mobile home or was renting it out, but neighbors said at the time it looked as though the residents were moving out the day before the shooting occurred. Repeated calls made to Magrath weren’t returned following the shooting.

Weld Road is Route 156, and the area where the shooting took place is a quiet wooded neighborhood with homes spaced about 100 yards from each other.

Rachel Ohm — 612-2368

[email protected]

Twitter: @rachel_ohm

Lauren Abbate — 861-9252

[email protected]

Twitter: @Lauren_M_Abbate