MONMOUTH — Firefighters found themselves on a slippery slope after responding to a chimney fire on Neal Lane Wednesday night.

Fire Chief Andre Poulin said nobody was hurt and the home was not damaged when the chimney fire broke out around 5:30 p.m., at 61 Neal Lane.

“The only challenge was it was on a camp road,” Poulin said. “We had to have the highway department help us get out of there. It was all ice.” 

Town Public Works crews plowed and sanded the road to allow the fire trucks to get back on the main road. None of the fire trucks ever got stuck, Poulin said.

The chimney fire occurred in a year-round home near Annabessacook Lake. Poulin said a majority of the homes on the lane are year-round.

This summer firefighters were called to a home just two houses down the lane after a woman was injured by a flash fire while trying to light a propane gas water heater.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.