WINSLOW — Alliyah Veilleux scored three goals to lead Winslow to a 4-0 win over Oceanside in an Eastern Maine Class B quarterfinal girls soccer game Tuesday afternoon.

Veilleux scored her 50th career goal and second of the game on a stunning drive from 40 yards in the second half to give No. 4 Winslow (12-2-1) a 2-0 lead in a game dominated by the Black Raiders. No. 5 Oceanside’s season comes to a conclusion at 10-4-2.

Winslow advances to Friday’s semifinals, traveling to Aroostook County to play No. 1 seed Presque Isle (14-1-0). The Wildcats beat rival Caribou in the quarterfinals 2-1 in overtime.

“This was an awesome game,” Veilleux said. “When we came out in the second half, I knew we were going to win because our passing was so good. We have jelled as a team and are playing our best soccer of the season.”

Winslow has not lost in its last 11 games dating back to Sept. 11 when Oceanside crushed the Black Raiders 4-0 in Rockland.

“They beat us early, it was a tough loss for us,” Veilleux said. “I didn’t play in that game and neither did our starting goalkeeper. This was a good game to get revenge.”

Domination through the middle was a key tactical piece for Winslow, along with a sharp passing game that featured numerous combinations in build-up play in the midfield. Winslow finished the game with a 19-5 shots advantage.

“We controlled the ball and maintained possession,” Winslow coach Sean Carey said. “The defense and midfield played extremely well.”

Veilleux was a contributing figure from the opening whistle, working with her back to the goal while igniting the attack with quality passes to the flanks and through open spaces. Veilleux and Pilar Elias worked combinations past the Mariner defenders to set up good looks at the goal.

Veilleux found the first good opportunity, driving a hard low shot that Oceanside goalkeeper Kennadi Grover managed to knock away. Veilleux, however, followed her shot and hit the ball into the open net at 35:01 of the first half.

A strong defensive display by the Black Raider defense in the first half assured them of maintaining the lead at halftime with keeper Hillary Libby making just one save.

Veilleux struck twice in the second half, scoring at 25:10 on a brilliantly struck ball from 40 yards. The swerving ball handcuffed Grover in front of the goal, bouncing quickly over her head into the top of the net for a 2-0 lead.

Two minutes later, Veilleux showed her speed, racing forward into the box on a well played ball by teammate Devin Fitzgibbons. Veilleux reached the ball before Grover, ripping a hard ball into the net from 14 yards for a 3-0 lead at 23:02 of the second half.

Elias added the final goal off a Kamryn Michaud assist with 13:55 left in the game.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.