DURHAM, N.H. — The University of New Hampshire says three students were hurt and a residence hall was evacuated because of a burst hot water pipe.

Spokeswoman Erika Mantz says hot water flooded the first floor of Hunter Hall, forcing the building’s evacuation at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.

She says three female students suffered what are believed to be third-degree burns on their feet and were transported to a hospital for evaluation.

The residence hall is home to about 115 students. It was being pumped out Saturday afternoon and it was unclear when students would be allowed to return.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.