AUGUSTA — A minor fire Friday morning caused by a refrigerator at a home on Outlet Road was under control quickly, a fire official said.

Battalion Chief John Bennett of the Augusta Fire Department said the fire was reported at 9:58 a.m. when an electric refrigerator caught fire.

He said the homeowner cut power to the appliance, but a small fire broke out in the home near it, resulting in “low-dollar” damage. By 10:15 a.m., crews were reporting that the incident was under control.

At 11 a.m., authorities had left the home, a one-story ranch on the dirt road along the southern end of Lower Togus Pond. Augusta city records say the house is owned by Gloria Labbe.

Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.