FAIRFIELD — A small fire started by a nightstand candle damaged a mobile home on U.S. Route 201 Tuesday night, causing minor damage before the homeowners put out most of the fire with a garden hose.

The fire damaged a bedroom in the single-wide mobile home across from the Hinckley General Store, according to Fairfield Fire Chief Duane Bickford. The homeowners managed to minimize the damage by controlling the fire with their garden hose, Bickford said.

“The fire was mostly out by the time we arrived,” he said.

A woman was treated at the scene and taken to Inland Hospital for precautionary reasons from smoke inhalation, Bickford said.

The damage from the fire was minimal, Bickford said.

Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.