MADISON — Firefighters quickly controlled a blaze that broke out Thursday morning in the attic of a home at 7 Hazel St. before significant damage was done to the house.

The cause of the fire, reported at 9:01 a.m., was electrical, said Madison Fire Chief Shawn Howard. There were no injuries reported, and damage to the house was minimal and confined to the attic, he said.

“Luckily the first firefighters on scene were able to contain the fire,” said Howard. “Unfortunately we had to create some damage to the attic to ensure the fire was out, but it’s better than having the whole house destroyed by fire.”

Firefighters from Anson and Skowhegan also responded to the scene.

Rachel Ohm — 612-2368

[email protected]

Twitter: @rachel_ohm


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.