WINSLOW — Fire damaged a camp Saturday morning on Catfish Corner Road.

Bob Davis, the owner of the camp at 90 Catfish Corner Road, said he had gone to check the mail, and as he was walking back to the camp, he noticed an unusual amount of smoke coming from an area near the camp’s chimney around 11:30 a.m.

He said he was able to contain the fire using a garden hose while waiting for firefighters to arrive. Winslow Fire Chief David LaFountain said a loose ember in a wood stove caused the fire. It probably fell out of the top of the chimney and got caught under the house, Davis said.

No injuries were reported. The fire ignited siding on the camp and damaged the front of the structure. Davis said the building is insured.

“Luckily he noticed it and was able to hold down the fire with the garden hose,” LaFountain said.

Rachel Ohm — 612-2368

[email protected]

Twitter: @rachel_ohm

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.