An electrical fire temporarily halted production Friday morning at Cousineau’s Wood Products in North Anson, officials from the Anson Fire Department and the plant said.

The fire was reported around 1:45 a.m. and originated in an electrical motor on a conveyor belt in a sawdust waste system, Anson Fire Chief Jeremy Manzer said.

There were no injuries but production was shut down until the machine could be repaired, he said.

Brody Cousineau, vice president of Cousineau Wood Products, said the machine had been fixed and was running again by 6 a.m.

“It wasn’t a big deal at all,” he said. “It took less than three hours to get everything back in place.”

Firefighters from the Anson Fire Department and Madison Fire Department were on scene for about two hours.

Rachel Ohm — 612-2368

[email protected]

Twitter: @rachel_ohm


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.