AUGUSTA — A Winslow man has pleaded guilty to pointing a loaded gun at two of his sons and the boyfriend of his ex-wife, a former state representative, during a confrontation last year outside her home.

Wilfred J. Morissette, 50, entered guilty pleas to three counts of reckless conduct Thursday morning at the Capital Judicial Center. The offenses all occurred May 11, 2014, in Winslow.

Each charge of reckless conduct with a firearm carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison.

Morissette will be sentenced on Oct. 16, and in the meantime he remains free on $5,000 cash bail. A judge on Thursday ordered him to be monitored electronically as well, making him among one of the first to have such monitoring in Kennebec County.

“Electronic monitoring has been 100 percent successful in Somerset County and is being utilized frequently in domestic violence cases,” District Attorney Maeghan Maloney said Thursday. “The monitoring is to be sure the victims are safe during the unpredictable time between conviction and sentencing.”

Morissette’s case had been listed for jury selection Thursday along with a number of others. Morissette was represented by attorney Sherry Tash, who couldn’t be reached for comment Thursday.

Three other charges against Morissette — two of domestic violence criminal threatening and one of criminal threatening — stemming from the same incident were dismissed in exchange for his guilty pleas.

According to Winslow police who responded to the incident at the time, Susan Morissette, three of her four children and her boyfriend, Barry Sturk, drove into her First Street driveway Sunday after a Mothers’ Day outing to find her ex-husband, Wilfred Morissette, outside his house across the street with a gun. Susan Morissette, a Republican, represented District 54, which consists of Winslow and part of Benton, in 2011 and 2012 in the House, and she is a former vice chairwoman of the Maine Republican Party.

The day after the incident, Susan Morissette told the Morning Sentinel, “He’s shown aggressive behavior in the past, but not to this extent. Last night was the worst.”

Sturk called 911, and when police arrived they took Wilfred Morissette into custody, seizing a loaded .40-caliber handgun from him.

Police said Wilfred Morissette was intoxicated at the time.

Morissette said at the time that after she filed for divorce in the spring of 2012, her ex-husband moved into the rented house across the street from her and their four children on First Street that July.

Wilfred Morissette lives elsewhere in Winslow now, according to the bail bond.

Betty Adams — 621-5631

[email protected]

Twitter: @betadams

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.