A fire Sunday night destroyed a garage in Readfield but caused no injuries.

Fire Chief Lee Mank said the blaze in the detached garage at 28 Terrapin Drive started in the area of the wood stove and destroyed at least one vehicle.

It was reported just before 7:30 p.m., Mank said. About 25 firefighters responded and were at the scene for about three hours.

Along with Readfield firefighters, departments in the Lakes Region Mutual Aid Association responded.

Mank said the temperature was not a factor in fighting the fire.

“It was actually fairly warm at that time,” Mank said, adding that the weather was getting cooler as they left.

He also said the homeowner, whom he declined to identify, said the garage was insured.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.