A 75-year-old Lebanon man died Wednesday night after falling headfirst into his home heating system.

Rescue crews were called to 423 River Road around 6 p.m. Wednesday after the man fell into a heating vent while apparently trying to change filters, said Chief Daniel Meehan of Lebanon Fire and EMS Department. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Meehan said the man’s son was performing CPR on his father when rescue crews arrived. Meehan said he cannot release the man’s name because of medical privacy laws.

Maine State Police were notified of the incident, but it appears to be an accident, Meehan said.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: