AUGUSTA — Smoke drove a Prospect Street resident and a dog out of their house around 4:15 a.m. Friday.

Jason Farris, a battalion chief at the Augusta Fire Department, said no one was injured in the incident, which was caused by a flooded oil burner.

He said firefighters were on the scene for about 45 minutes helping to ventilate the home and that the resident was permitted to go back inside.

The burner, however, was shut down pending arrival of a repair technician, Farris said.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: