A fire that started late on Halloween left a home at 2 Michael Lane in Waterville uninhabitable, according to Chief David LaFountain.

The 50-year-old resident awoke to smoke detectors’ alarms about 11:39 p.m. Tuesday. He safely escaped from the home, which is owned by Assistance Plus, a social service and medical agency.

The fire was determined to be accidental and caused by short-circuited electrical wiring.

Firefighters got the flames under control by 12:16 a.m.

The Waterville Fire Department was assisted by the Winslow and Fairfield fire departments.

Madeline St. Amour — 861-9239

[email protected]

Twitter: @madelinestamour

 


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.