BENTON — An electrical fire damaged a home Saturday morning on Clinton Avenue, displacing the homeowner for at least a night.

Fairfield Fire Department Capt. Jeff Aucoin said the fire, which started around 7 a.m. Saturday, was minor and contained to the kitchen. The single-story home at 1140 Clinton Ave. has an attached garage.

Aucoin said the cause probably was electrical, but he did not offer specifics.

In addition to Fairfield, which covers Benton, fire departments from Winslow, Albion and Clinton also responded to a report about the fire. Waterville covered Fairfield’s station while Fairfield firefighters worked to extinguish the fire, which took about 20 minutes. No injuries were reported.

Aucoin said the homeowner was going to stay elsewhere Saturday night, but that the home was not uninhabitable and could be renovated.

Colin Ellis — 861-9253

[email protected]

Twitter: @colinoellis