CORNVILLE — A heat lamp is believed to be the cause of a fire that was deemed accidental Thursday afternoon, according to the town’s deputy chief.

Cornville Deputy Chief Alan Nickerson said in a phone call that crews responded to the report of a garage fire at 53 Oxbow Road. Crews from Skowhegan, Athens and Madison also responded.

Nickerson said the fire was accidental. No injuries were reported and minor damage was done to a corner of the structure. Crews left the scene about an hour after arrival.

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: