ALBION — A single-wide mobile home was destroyed Tuesday evening after a wood stove caught fire in the living room, firefighters said.

The fire at 7 Sylvester Lane was reported at 4 p.m. by one of the homeowners, according to Albion Fire Chief Andrew Clark.

“The trailer had a wood stove and it caught fire around the stovepipe,” Clark said during a phone interview Tuesday night. “It burnt through the side of the building and the roof and caused extensive damage to the residence.”

Clark said the trailer was a total loss but that firefighters were able to salvage a lot of the homeowners’ personal belongings.

The three occupants home at the time got out safely and there were no injuries, Clark said.

Assisting Albion at the scene were South China, China Village, Palermo and Freedom fire departments.

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: