FARMINGTON — A home at 135 Dunham Road was damaged Thursday when the wall around a pellet stove vent caught fire, interim Fire Rescue Chief Tim “TD” Hardy said.

There were no injuries.

A mother and her son evacuated the 1½-story home before firefighters arrived. The son turned the stove off and pulled it away from the wall, Hardy said. Firefighters cut out the burned area of the wall.

The name of the homeowner was not immediately available.

The family has a second source of heat, Hardy said, and can remain in the house. The family will make repairs.

Sixteen Farmington firefighters responded to the 9:38 a.m. blaze. Mutual aid departments were called but were canceled, Hardy said.

Dunham Road is off Voter Hill Road.

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: