STRONG — A fire at the Lignetics of Maine wood pellet plant on Sunday is believed to have started from a battery charger on a forklift, Fire Chief Duayne Boyd said Tuesday.

There was minor damage to the building at 30 Norton Hill Road, he said.

Workers used a fire hose to wet down a wall, which was still smoldering when firefighters arrived. The wall was pulled apart to extinguish the fire, which was reported at 5:11 a.m.

Strong was assisted by Farmington Fire Rescue Department. All other mutual aid departments were canceled. Franklin County Sheriff’s Office and NorthStar EMS ambulance also responded.

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: