SKOWHEGAN — A mobile home on East River Road was destroyed early Monday by a fire that was caused by an electrical problem, a fire official said.

Residents of the home at 313 East River Road reported the fire at about 12:15 a.m., Chief Ronnie Rodriguez of the Skowhegan Fire Department said.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and evacuated three people living there, he said. Two dogs also were removed from the home.

There was no report of injuries, and assistance was being provided to the people in an effort to find them lodging.

A real estate website indicates the home was built in 1989. East River Road runs parallel to the Kennebec River, and the property is about halfway between Route 2 to the north and Eaton Mountain Road to the south.

“We made a quick stop,” Rodriguez said, “but the home is not inhabitable anymore due to the fire.”

Comments are not available on this story.