WATERVILLE — Ronald Brousseau, the man Fairfield police subdued with a stun gun at Lawrence High School in January, was arrested again Friday for criminal trespass at a law office in Waterville.

The arrest was the second for Brousseau in the past 10 days. He was arrested on a warrant March 9 in Fairfield.

On Friday afternoon, according to Sgt. Alden Weigelt of the Waterville Police Department, Brousseau, 48, refused to leave the Nale law offices on Elm Street.

Weigelt said he was not certain why Brousseau was at the law offices in the first place.

Brousseau was charged with criminal trespass and additionally with two counts of violating the conditions of release on the previous charges.

Brousseau, who has a history of violence and mental illness, was released on $350 bail later in the day Friday.


On Jan. 9, police used a stun gun while arresting Brousseau outside the high school’s main entrance.

Police said he refused initial requests from the staff to leave the building, then refused police orders to leave the grounds.

Brousseau had no known connection to the school, which is about a half-mile from his home.

The warrant arrest March 9 stemmed from charges that Brousseau assaulted two hospital employees while being evaluated at MaineGeneral Medical Center’s Thayer campus on Jan. 9, the same day he was arrested at the high school.

Police said they couldn’t charge Brousseau immediately because he remained in the hospital’s care. He was charged with assault and violating conditions of release.

In 1987, Brousseau, then 23, injured two police officers and caused $2,000 in damage to a police cruiser and windows at the Fairfield police station. Later that year, a judge committed him to the Augusta Mental Health Institute.

Doug Harlow — 612-2367
[email protected]

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.