Sign in or Subscribe See Offers


Sign In:


  • Hide
    GALLERY: Before and after Edwards Dam - Staff photo by Andy Molloy | of | Share this photo

    Mike Lehman of Windsor tosses a stick into the Kennebec River Monday for his dog at the site of the former Edwards Dam in Augusta.

    Show
  • Hide
    GALLERY: Before and after Edwards Dam - Staff photo by Joe Phelan | of | Share this photo

    A boat heads north in the Kennebec River early on Sunday after launching into the Kennebec River at the Waterfront Park in Gardiner.

    Show
  • Hide
    GALLERY: Before and after Edwards Dam - Photo from the Library of Congress | of | Share this photo

    This picture from 1909 photo shows the Edwards Manufacturing Company mill, left, and dam, right, on the banks of the Kennebec River in Augusta. The dam was built in 1827.

    Show
  • Hide
    GALLERY: Before and after Edwards Dam - File Photo | of | Share this photo

    This 1999 file photo shows John Charest, Augusta’s public works director, as he watches the Kennebec River flow through the breach from the Edwards Dam block house.

    Show
  • Hide
    GALLERY: Before and after Edwards Dam - | of | Share this photo

    The Kennebec Journal put out a Special Dam Edition to cover the removal of the Edwards Dam.

    Show
  • Hide
    GALLERY: Before and after Edwards Dam - File photo | of | Share this photo

    This 1999 file photo shows the Kennebec River clouded with dirt and silt as the rushing waters from the upper section of the river flow freely through the breach (at left) in Edwards Dam in Augusta in July 1999. The dam was built in 1827.

    Show
close x