WATERVILLE — An early-morning fire at an apartment house has displaced seven people the weekend before Christmas.

The Waterville Fire Department said the fire originated from an overloaded electrical circuit above the ceiling in the third-floor apartment, causing a fire about 5:20 a.m. Saturday at 10 Butler Court.

No one was injured in the incident, and the American Red Cross is providing assistance, according to the Fire Department.

No fire damage was visible from the structure’s exterior. Tape blocked admittance to the multi-family dwelling.

Twenty-two firefighters responded to extinguish the blaze. The Winslow Fire Department provided mutual aid in the incident.

Waterville Fire Capt. John Gromek and Office of State Fire Marshall investigator Kenneth MacMaster investigated the fire.

Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.