BANGOR – Fire officials say a 74-year-old man died in a house fire in Bucksport.

The state fire marshal said the body of Clifford Lambert of Bucksport was found in the kitchen by firefighters who responded to the blaze on Thursday.

Officials say Lambert lived alone in the ranch-style house and the cause of the fire is likely related to smoking.

Fire Chief Craig Bowden told WZON-AM that the fire started in the back of the house on Central Street.

There was heavy fire damage to the living room and smoke and water damage throughout the rest of the house, according to a news release from Stephen McCausland, spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.