An early morning electrical fire destroyed a mobile home in Farmington on Tuesday.

No one was injured in the blaze at 129 Poverty Lane, although fire crews determined that smoke detectors in the home were not working when the fire broke out, according to Farmington Fire Chief Terry Bell.

The man living in the home said his dog alerted him to the fire shortly before 2 a.m., Bell said.

Fire crews from Farmington, Wilton and Temple responded to the call while a NorthStar ambulance stood by. The fire was extinguished around 3 a.m. after the crews traced its source back to electrical wiring.

According to town tax records, the home is on property owned by Archie’s Inc., a trash disposal and recycling service based in Mexico. Archie’s Inc. lists Poverty Lane as the site of its recycling plant.

Calls to Archie’s Inc. were not returned Tuesday.

Kate McCormick — 861-9218

[email protected]

Twitter: @KateRMcCormick


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: