SIDNEY — A one-story home on Church Road was destroyed by fire Wednesday morning fire, according to fire Chief Richard Jandreau.

Jandreau said the department received a call at 7:59 a.m. for a fire at 111 Church Road. He said one person was inside the home but was not injured as a result of the fire. He said very little of the building was salvageable because it sustained major heat, smoke and water damage.

“Everything is melted on the walls,” he said.

Jandreau said the Office of State Fire Marshal investigated, determining that it was an accidental electrical fire that started in a utility closet.

According to town tax records, the property at 111 Church Road is owned by Peter A. Rackleef.

Jandreau said fire departments from Oakland, Rome, Belgrade, Smithfield and Augusta, and Delta Ambulance responded to the blaze.

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under:

Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.