Regional School Unit 74, which includes the towns of Anson, North Anson, Solon, Embden and New Portland, partners with Maine Department of Education Child Nutrition to sponsor a Summer Food Service Program funded by the United States Department of Agriculture, according to a news release from Linda Durland,
administrative assistant to superintendent.

This summer, as many programs have been canceled, meals will be provided to parents, guardians or children at curbside pickup locations only. Summer meals will be offered Tuesdays and Thursdays only through July 30.  Two breakfasts and two lunches will be provided on each day of service.

Locations and times include:
• Carrabec Community School, North Anson, 9-9:30 a.m.;
• Garret Schenck Elementary, Anson, 9-9:30 a.m.;
• New Portland Fire Station, New Portland, 9-9:30 a.m.; and
• Solon Elementary, Solon, 9-9:30 a.m.
Any child 18 years of age or younger can receive meals at no charge.

For questions regarding RSU 74’s Summer Food Service Program call  207-635-2727, ext. 5 and for more locations  text “summer meals “ to 97779 or call 211.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1)     mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3)      email: [email protected]
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
(Federal statement updated 1/3/2020)