RANDOLPH — An Elm Street home was damaged Tuesday by a fire that was started accidentally by the home owner.

Deputy Chief William Ebert said about 10 feet of siding was damaged by the flames before they were extinguished by firefighters.

“It was contained to the outside of the building and it was accidental,” Ebert said.

The fire in the single-story ranch home occurred around 1 p.m. at 26 Elm St.  Nobody was injured, Ebert said.

The homeowner partially extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived, Ebert said. Firefighters from Farmingdale, Pittston and Gardiner were called to assist Randolph crews.

Ebert declined to specify how the fire was started other than to claim it was accidental.

“Why get the gentleman all bent out of shape?” Ebert said.


Augusta and Waterville news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.