WEST BATH — A man severely burned in a weekend kitchen fire in West Bath remains in critical condition at a Boston hospital.

Fire Chief Greg Payson on Monday identified the victim of Sunday’s blaze as 43-year-old Ed Grant.

Authorities say Grant was burned over most of his body while trying to douse the fire that broke out in a kitchen at the New Meadows River Cottages at about 1 a.m. Sunday.

Payson says Grant had been cooking on a stove and left the food unattended. Neighbors reported the fire.

Grant was found outside the cottage.

He was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland before being transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital.

The fire caused about $15,000 in damage.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.